Xcel Energy Recommissioning Rebate Program
The Excel Energy recommissioning rebate program provides business customers in Colorado an opportunity to perform an energy study of their facility and have up to 75% of the cost covered as a rebate from the utility. Additionally, building owners can receive rebates of up to 60% of the cost of implementing the energy conservation opportunities (ECO) recommended in the finished study.
Recommissioning is the process of taking a facility’s mechanical and control systems to their optimal operating standards through low- or no-cost improvements. The recommissioning studies covered by the Xcel Energy program identify energy efficiency and money-saving opportunities in buildings that may get missed during day-to-day operations.
ATS Rocky Mountain is an Xcel Energy recommissioning trade partner and is qualified to perform building studies under this program. By partnering with ATS as your recommissioning agent, you ensure an expert in building automation and controls is reviewing your facility with an eye towards ECOs with the greatest return on investment. The rebate program follows a three-step process that ATS will lead you through to ensure you capture all available rebates:
Process for Xcel Energy Program
1. Study Preapproval
- Select a recommissioning study provider. ATS Rocky Mountain is already an Xcel Energy recommissioning study provider.
- Study preapproval application is completed and sent to Xcel Energy along with the provider’s study proposal.
- Xcel Energy reviews and notifies preapproval status along with preapproved study funding amount.
2. Study Completion
- Provider completes study and sends a copy to Xcel Energy
- Xcel Energy reviews the study, provides comments, and then sends study approval letter.
- The provider presents the final study.
- Xcel pays study rebate up to 75%, not to exceed $25,000
3. Implement ECOs
- Recommended ECOs get implemented
- Xcel Energy pays the implementation rebates based on the actual costs of the ECO implementation.
Contact ATS to Get Started on Your Facility Recommissioning
ATS Rocky Mountain is an Xcel Energy recommissioning trade partner and is ready to work with you to perform a recommissioning study at your facility. ATS engineers and technicians are experts in all aspects of building automation and control and will consult with your team to ensure you get the most significant return from your recommissioning and energy conservation opportunities. Contact ATS Rocky Mtn today to begin the prequalification process or view Xcel Energy’s recommissioning website for additional details.